In 1956, the founders of Lindab started a small sheet-metal shop in Lidhult, Sweden.
The operations later moved to Båstad, on the Bjäre Peninsula in southern Sweden where Lindab became registered as a company in 1959. Since then, Lindab has expanded throughout the world and is now represented at 155 locations in 32 countries.
In 1984, Lindab was floated on the Swedish Stock Exchange and in 1992 on the Danish Stock Exchange In 2001, Lindab was bought out of the Stock Exchanges by Ratos AB together with Skandia Liv and Sjätte AP-fonden, via a buy-out company Lindab Intressenter AB. The parent company changed its name to Lindab International AB in May 2006. On 1 December 2006 Lindab returned to the Stockholm Stock Exchange and became a listed company.
Lindab 50 years